While we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in New Zealand, I feel that the sentiment of gratitude is something that anyone can embrace. I try to be thankful on a regular basis for what I have; the holiday is a timely reminder, however, for me to reflect on the things I have been blessed with!
On that note, I am thankful for:
- my work colleague JeN, who camped out in my classroom with me on Saturday as we both finished reports
- the marvels of modern medicine, so that ElW could have a c-section with her 10lb baby boy!
- a husband that understands when I am frazzled beyond belief and takes me out to dinner
- caffeine – oh boy, I wish I could give you up, but I’ve needed at least two servings of you every day lately!
- green smoothies & the precut fruit salad at my local greengrocer – it has made mornings both easy and delicious
- the Year 10s being on camp this week so that I actually have time to get things done!
- Pixie Caramel chocolate bars; I had not had one in years and then have had two in the last fortnight
- savoury muffins, especially those that have a whole bunch of spinach and tomato in them
- moving to our current town – Papa M and I were saying last night that whilst sometimes we wonder whether our house is the right house for us, we’ve never regretted the move to this town
- the fact that there are only 28 days left until Christmas
- that our honeymoon is just over a month away
- that I’ve got two more presents left to buy and then my Christmas shopping is done!!
Looking back, it seems like the things I’m most thankful for are food (?), things ending and other things beginning. What are you thankful for today?