The weather outside is absolutely frightful, the hubby is out running errands (it’s a public holiday here, so he’s not at work for once) and the little dude is down for a nap. I’m curled up on the couch under a blanket and, to be honest, still in my pajamas (at 1pm NZT). My aim when I started this blog was to keep it real and so I’ve decided to start a Crummy Weather Confessions series!
- This afternoon pajamas situation happens more than I would care to admit. When there is so much to do, I focus on getting everyone else and everything else ready before myself… unless of course, it’s a work day. Think it would be pretty frowned upon if I showed up in my nightwear…
- Some days, I just have to phone it in. I’ve been getting some ridiculous headaches lately (I think it’s hormonal – thanks HORMONES) and if that ties in with a day I’m home with CJ, I pretty much lie on the couch, we have finger food for lunch – and by that I mean crackers, ham and processed cheese slices – and the TV is my friendly baby-sitter as I try and battle through to the next nap time. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?
- The cat is driving me mental! Originally my cat, she was adopted by my parents when I moved into a share flat that I couldn’t have her at. Now, the cat lives with us again but she has been completely coddled by my dad and, being allergic, I can’t give her the same amount of cuddles that she’s used to. And today she’s been in, out, in, out… we need a damn cat door.
- I slept on the couch last night because hubby was sick and thrashing round like a landed snapper. I really wanted to yell at him but it’s not very nice to yell at sick people. I had the worst sleep and feel like death today.
- I sometimes stare at CJ and then say “I made you…” – it sounds totally creepy, but sometimes I’m still in awe of the fact that I actually have a kid.
- I don’t understand how there are these mums out there that do all this baking and stuff with babies – what do you do with your kid? What am I missing? CJ’s too little to help yet, but he’s not going to just sit and watch either. My options are nap time (sometimes) or when he’s in bed; enough time to maybe get one batch of cookies done but certainly not enough for a week.
- In addition to the above, I sometimes wish that Papa M didn’t work such long hours and it wasn’t all up to me to work out how to balance kids and work and a household… but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride, right? It is what it is.
- My guilty pleasure right now is buttered toast with just a sprinkle of chicken stock powder… don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!
- My house is completely non-Pinterest worthy and in dire need of renovation.
- It’s only in the last three months that I’ve realized how I pushed everyone away when I was having feeding problems with a newborn CJ and in hindsight I wish I hadn’t. As a first time mum you feel like such a failure, not being able to do what you are told comes naturally. I wish I’d let people in more, let them tell me it was okay and that I would be okay.
So there you go, some candor on a crummy, rainy, windy day in the interests of keeping it real. If you’ve got a confession to get off your chest, feel free to leave it below!