Those moments when you feel like you are being trolled by your kid:
- Me: Do you really need dessert? You had berries.
- CJ: Yoghurt, peeeeeeeeezzzzz
- Me (under my breath): Uuuugggghhh fine
- CJ (whispering): Aaaaaahhhh yoghurt
Those moments when he tells you how it is:
- CJ takes the box his Thomas The Tank Engine shoes came in out of the recycling and pulls the paper and tags out of it
- Me: Oh no sweetheart, that’s rubbish
- CJ: No mummy, not rubbish. It’s Thomas.
Those moments when he’s far too grown up:
- I read the menu at the cafe to CJ
- CJ walks up to the counter
- CJ: Hi. Coffee peez and nuggets like Donalds (the waitress very kindly made him a fluffy rather than a coffee!)
Those moments when he shows his McDonalds obsession (boy, will I be glad when this phase of pointing out every single McDonalds is over – we don’t even go there that often!)
- CJ: Donalds!
- I look around: No darling, that’s not Donalds. That’s a KFC.
- CJ: What dat?
- Me: They do chicken
- CJ: Chicken Donalds!!!!
Those moments when he likes to try his luck:
- CJ: Mummy?
- Me: Yes sweetheart?
- CJ: Me a plane?
- Me: Yes darling, we’re going to go on a plane this year.
- CJ: Mummy?
- Me: Yes, sweetheart?
- CJ: Me a how-ee-copta? (Nice try bud, not this year)