When he drops a remix:
“Bob the builder, eat a biscuit / Bob the builder, ring a plane”
When he’s working out how to tell fibs:
- Me: So dinner and then bath time, okay bud?
- CJ: No, no bath time
- Me: Why not?
- CJ: Oh I sorry, it broken 😂
When everything is an engine:
- Extractor fan – “engine!”
- Hand dryer – “engine!”
- Ceiling fan – “engine!”
- Waterwheel – “engine!”
- Basically anything that’s at least two of round, noisy or propeller-like – “engine!”
When he tells you about his dream vehicle:
“When I big I have a mowa-bike. It be a big mowa-bike. It be a b(l)ue mowa-bike. It noisy and go grrrrrrrr-ba-ba-Ba-Ba-BA!”
When he gets things absolutely right but manages to sound a little creepy:
Looking at a geothermal hot spring (the Rachel Spring in Rotorua)
- Me: It’s very hot. The water comes up from the ground and it’s already boiling hot, so hot it could cook an eggie.
- CJ: No swimming
- Me: That’s right, it’s not good for swimming
- CJ: It cook me wike a eggie.