When you’re teaching him new phrases and he insists on sounding like a hip-hop artist:
- Me: I love you
- CJ: Goan wife you (same same but different LOL – he did get it eventually)
When he commits to something just to prove a point:
- CJ gets his bread out of the bag and takes a bite out of it
- Me: Oh bud, I was going to put that in the toaster for you
- CJ: No
- Me: But I was going to put some peanut butter on it for you. That’s just a plain piece of bread
- CJ: Mmmmmmm. Pwain piece-a bread. So yummy!
When he warns you that he’s going to bring the sass:
- CJ: An’ I say, I say, No Ea-win (the way he says his carer’s name), no shoes off
- Me: You only have to take your shoes off if you go on the couch
- CJ: No, I say, No Ea-win, no shoes off AT ALL.
When you realise you’re raising a good man:
- Me: Do you want to go out to a restaurant for dinner or get takeout and bring it home, bud?
- CJ: Why take-out, my mummy?
- Me: Well, because it’s Mothers Day, sweet pea, and mummy doesn’t want to cook dinner tonight. It’s mummy’s day to have a break.
- CJ: It okay mummy, I cook (he then got all his IKEA food out of his play kitchen and proceeded to “cook” me dinner – solid heart eyes emoji there)