When he’s too adorable at a birthday party
- Painting Minnie Mouse bows: “I’m making beautiful butterflies”
- Looking down at his paint and glitter-covered hand: “Oh God”
When he plans a pretty cool party himself:
- CJ: Mummy, I had a dream
- Me: What was your dream, sweet pea?
- CJ: I had a party
- Me: What a lovely dream. What was the party like?
- CJ: It was a blue party with a cake and a blue eberrywhere.
- Me: Did you have a good time?
- CJ: It was raining but eberryone say “Yay!! Party inside” and fall on floor with bah-woons 😂😂😂
When he’s unintentionally punny:
- CJ, holding up one of his Dinosaur Train toys: This my the-saurus. What his other name?
When he’s supportive of his fellow “man”:
- CJ: Wasssss dat?
- Me: That’s a peacock. The boy ones have pretty tails.
- CJ (pointing): Is a boy like me?
- Me: Yeah, that one is a boy.
- CJ: Eeepcop, you a good boy.
When he doesn’t want to admit he’s tired:
- Me, lying in bed with CJ: Any songs tonight, bud?
- CJ: Mummy?
- Me: Yes, sweet pea
- CJ: Mummy, Cway (Muffin McClay) is tired
- Me: Ohhhh… should I go so that Clay can go to sleep?
- CJ: Yes pwease mummy, he’s very sweepy (sleepy)
I swear, the quirks in grammar at the moment is what is killing me – you can’t get angry with a toddler who says “I don’t want…” as “I’m not wanting”. “I’m not wanting to get dressed”, “I’m not wanting that for dinner”. So cute!