In the interests of keeping things real, I like to publish a semi-regular series on the blog of confessions. They’re a bit of a light-hearted lot this time round, so I hope some of these make you laugh!
- I probably look like a total airhead lip-syncing along to my music in the gym and I really don’t care. My favourite treadmill (three different types at our gym) is in the corner so no one sees, but I still do it if I’m on the bike right next to the bag rack. I’m a former theatre kid, I can’t help but sing and dance along (although I do try and hold in the dance moves on the treadmill or else I’d probably end up flat on my my ass) and hey, whatever motivates me to push through the steeper inclines, right?
- I had totally forgotten (after six years) the most annoying part about being single – all the nosiness about your love life! A wee while back I was wrapping up a meeting with my boss saying that I had to shoot off because I had tickets to an Advance Screening. “Date?” No… although not quite as awkward as it sounds seeing I’ve known her for years. The one that made me laugh hardest was when I Snapped a picture of what was literally the biggest popcorn container I’ve seen in my life. I’m not a popcorn eater so I was astounded when my friend Cullen got a jumbo popcorn and I felt the urge to document the moment. But instead of comments about the size of the popcorn, I got no less than five different messages about the manliness of the arm holding the popcorn and asking whether I was out on a date. No, goddamn it. I just wanted to see X-Men Apocalypse and didn’t feel like going by myself LOL. Does it freak people out that I’m single and not dating? I don’t get it.
- I can’t reverse vehicles to save myself… it was what I failed my Restricted license on when I sat the test the first time. The only reason I’m even vaguely good at it in my current car is because I have a reversing camera. My brain just doesn’t work that way. I’ll never be able to reverse a trailer and I’m okay with that.
- I’ve definitely mellowed in my point of view about additional children since this post. I posted a picture of baby CJ earlier this week and a friend asked if I was clucky – I’m definitely not. And I’m still absolutely okay if CJ is my only child, I know how lucky I am to have him. But I think a lot of that post stemmed from not having any desire to have any more children in the relationship I was in. In a future relationship, it’s a discussion that can be on the table.
- Some days I wish there was a concierge “hire-a-wife” service, like the “hire-a-hubby” handyman service. I’m not so behind on life that I need a maid or anything, but sometimes it would just be nice to pass the buck and be like “It’s a busy week, I’m tired as hell; can you chuck through a load of laundry, put out the rubbish and make tomorrow’s lunches so I can just go to bed?”
- I was absolutely starving one day heading from the gym to daycare – in hindsight I’d only had something small at morning tea and nothing since which was stupid. I pulled in at the fast food restaurant on my way, which happened to be KFC, and got a popcorn chicken snack box thinking that could be the first half of my dinner and then I’d chuck together some veges once CJ was in bed. My plan was to eat it all in the car on the way home, banking on CJ not seeing it as he still rear-faces. Literally the moment I put him in the car: “I WANT K-EP-C! I WANT K-EP-C! I staaaarrr-bing”. He knew by the damn smell in the car, which makes it sound like we go there all the time – I swear we don’t hahahaha. Needless to say I ended up having to go halfsies on my popcorn chicken but at least we weren’t both “starbing” on the way home.
Anything you’d like to confess?